THE BUZZ: Due to an oversight, 12 lucky fans will now be receiving the incredibly rare Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Exclusive Edition instead of the Signature Edition that they originally pre-ordered.
Only 300 copies of the Signature Edition were made available to pre-order, but due to a system glitch 12 extra copies were sold. Instead of refunding the last few sales, 38 Studios decided to go one better by offering an even rarer Exclusive Edition to the first 12 people who replied to an email sent out regarding the issue.
“The Reckoning Signature Editions were so immensely popular that all 300 sold out in less than five days. In the process, due to an unexpected issue with our store system, we accidentally oversold our stock for the Reckoning Signature Edition by 12 units. It’s extremely important to us that none of our loyal fans—you—miss out on the items you ordered as a result of our mistake, so we want to assure you that will not be the case,” said 38 Studios. “So, what are we doing to resolve this? We’re making sure you get what you ordered, and for a handful of fans, a little something more. We’ve put together an extra special Reckoning Limited Edition package for 12 lucky Reckoning: Signature Edition customers. The first 12 customers to respond to this email will be upgraded to the Reckoning: Exclusive Edition bundle.”
The Exclusive Edition includes:
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC)
- Limited Edition, 1 of 1600, McFarlane Toys Prismere Troll figure with a base hand-signed by one of our visionaries
- 1 of 12 individually numbered, alternate limited edition Todd McFarlane Reckoning sketch screen-prints
- Original lithograph signed by Ken Rolston
- Parchment map of Amalur’s Faelands
- Amalur themed 7-piece dice set and dice bag
- Full set of 40 Destiny Cards
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – The Soundtrack
- Bonus DLC – Fate-Touched Weapons Pack (Increase XP gained from Fateshift Kills with these nine weapons)
EGM’s TAKE: This could be one of the rarest Collectors Editions around, so congratulations if you were one of the lucky 12. Bravo to 38 Studios for offering this edition when they could have easily just refunded those extra orders.