If you’re a fan of the Spider-Man comic series, you’ll probably get a kick out of the unlockable costumes you can get in that Amazing Spider-Man movie tie-in game. Beenox usually throws in a lot of good extras, and this time around, they’ve borrowed quite a bit from the original and Ultimate Spider-Man series.
League of Comic Geeks did a round-up of the known costumes so far, all of which are available in the game in some form or another.
Here’s where all the costumes come from so far, from left to right:
- The Negative Zone Suit — It’s a variant of Spider-Man’s costume that granted him invisibility-based powers. Those probably won’t be in the game per se.
- The Black Suit — While most comic book fans remember it as that badass suit from the comics that eventually turned Eddie Brock into Venom, many more just know it as that “emo” suit from Spider-Man 3.
- The Belt-less Suit — This is the one you’ll see in the movie, but since the game takes place afterward, you can also equip a belt with it.
- The Vigilante Suit — Peter Parker’s pre-hero outfit, only on PS3.
- The Scarlet Spider (Kaine) — Originally donned by Kaine, a clone of Peter Parker in the Marvel series, this is the costume worn in the comics by the same character.
- The Spider-Morphosis — It’s a long story, but this is what happens when someone with spider DNA is sprayed in the face with mutagenic flowers.
- The Future Foundation Suit (Inverted) — Spider-Man moonlights as a member of Fantastic Four occasionally (or when one of them dies). This is a version of the uniform he wears with the FF on stealth missions.
Granted, none of them are anywhere near as creepy as that uncanny valley “Amazing Stan Lee” costume. Brrr—web-swinging Stan Lee.
Source: League of Comic Geeks