Posted on April 12, 2012 AT 07:56am
THE BUZZ: A new update has been released for Amy, which makes the game actually beatable by most players.
Developer VectorCell released the update that makes some major changes to the game in order to make Chapter 5 easier to beat, after numerous concerns raised by fans.
“Further to the many request we’ve received by email today, we confirm that the patch is available for both XBLA and PSN. It addresses the most frequent requests about the game,” said the developer on Facebook.
The changes are:
- The last checkpoint you reach is now saved (instead of going back to the beginning of the chapter)
- The syringes remain in the inventory after a checkpoint is reached
- Amy’s Powers remain available after a checkpoint is reached
- The Combat camera has been removed
- Most sequences can now be skipped
- The in-game brightness has been improved.
EGM’s TAKE: We’re all for making games with a little difficulty in them, however when it gets to a point where most people can’t complete the game then you know you’ve gone too far. Hopefully with this new patch a lot of players can go back and finally complete a game that they’ve probably since forgotten. If there’s one thing fans hate in gaming it’s a brick wall, luckily VectorCell has torn this one down.
You can read our thoughts on the game in our review here.
Will you go back and try and complete the game? Did you manage to complete it in its original state? Let us know in the comments below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes51 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.