ArcheAge is slowly approaching its beta testing phase, and to keep the hype rolling publisher Trion Worlds has detailed the Patron Program and APEX System that will be used in the free-to-play game.
The Patron System is basically an option subscription model, similar to Trion’s other MMO RIFT, that will offer players additional bonuses for a monthly fee. Being a Patron will grant certain bonuses such as the ability to earn Labor Points while offline, an increased Labor cap, Loyalty Tokens, a 10 percent shop discount, and more. A full list of benefits can be found below:
- Bonus online Labor Point regeneration (10 per 5 minutes)
- Offline Labor Point regeneration (5 per 5 minutes)
- Increased maximum Labor Points cap (5000 maximum)
- 10% bonus to all Experience gained through combat or labor usage
- 10% discount on Marketplace purchases
- 5 Loyalty Tokens per day for use in the Loyalty Store (awarded on first login of the day)
- Ability to claim land by placing farms and houses
- Ability to pay in-game taxes on owned property
- Ability to post auctions on the Auction House by default
The Loyalty Tokens mentioned above are a form of currency that can only be spent in the Loyalty Store. The store will offer a variety of items including special pets, fun musical instruments, certificates that cover weekly taxes on a large farm, and Patron-only lock boxes that each contain valuable, surprise loot.
At launch free-to-play players will be unable to place listings on the auction—but can still purchase from it—and can’t place houses or farms. An option to unlock the ability to purchase from the auction house will be available from the cash shop.
Finally, to offer all players a chance to become a Patron, Trion will be selling APEX (ArcheAge Patron Exchange). APEX can be purchased from the cash shop and then sold on the in-game auction house for gold. A single APEX can be exchanged for an undetermined amount of cash shop credits, which can then be used to purchase premium items and even a 30-day Patron Pass. Allowing players the opportunity to be a Patron without spending real money.