Several pieces of concept art have surfaced that may be the first look we’ve had at Destiny 2.
Bungie has been tight-lipped on the topic of the sequel to their shared-world shooter, Destiny, instead focusing on the first game’s upcoming expansion?Rise of Iron. However, the first images from the highly-anticipated sequel may have just been leaked, showing off three character types, what appears to be the Traveler, and a burning number “2.” Thanks for the quick eyes of Reddit, the images were saved before they could be removed from the internet. Looking at them, our best guess is that the hunched figure is a Hunter, the heavily armored shield-bearer is a Titan, leaving the angelic arc-angel as a Warlock. But that’s just our guess.
The artist, Aziz Dosmetov, has done work for Bungie in the past, including work on last year’s expansion The Taken King, so it’s not out of reason that these may be legit. How quickly the images were removed from the web also indicates that perhaps there’s something here.
However?according to Twitter?Kotaku’s Jason Schreier was told that the images were not for Destiny 2.
FYI I spoke to the artist, who said it was one of several rejected pitches and that it’s not Destiny 2 concept art. https://t.co/jgyptltQ5U
? Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier) August 10, 2016
Yet, that doesn’t mean that the new variations on classes we see above won’t appear in the game, just that the pitch wasn’t used. What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!
Destiny 2 is scheduled for a 2017 release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.