More than half of the new firearms launching in Battlefield 1‘s upcoming In the Name of the Tsar expansion have been revealed well before the DLC’s release.
Four new long-guns—one for each class—and two new sidearms can be seen in images recently posted online, following their reveal during E3 2017. One of the sidearms, the C93 Carbine, is exclusive to the Pilot class, and is also the only weapon of the six to not have its stats visible in the image. The six weapons, along with their descriptions, can be checked out below:
- Parabellum MG14/17 (Support): “A lightweight redesign of the MG08 system featuring a higher rate of fire. The MG14 and its variants were widely used on planes of the Deutsche Luftstreitkrafte.” (features Suppressive variant)
- Mosin-Nagant M91 (Scout): “The standard issue rifle of the Imperial Russian Army. The Mosin-Nagant is one of the most produced rifles ever, with over 37 million made.” (features Infantry and Marksman variants)
- Model 1900 (Assault): “A side-by-side double barrel shotgun.” (features Factory and Slug variants)
- Fedorov Avtomat (Medic): “…cartridge, from a detatchable box magazine in automatic or semi-automatic, the Fedorov Avtomat is the predecessor of the modern [assault rifle].” (features Trench and Optical variants)
- Nagant Revolver (Sidearm)- “The Nagant Revolver fires a gas seal cartridge, giving it a small boost to muzzle velocity, and making it one of the few revolvers that can be effectively suppressed.” (Contrary to this description, this weapon will likely not have a silenced variant)
- C93 Carbine (Sidearm)- This was the only weapon without available stats or an official description, but it will be the first suppressed gun in the game, usable by the Pilot class in the expansion.
One of the In the Name of the Tsar expansion’s new maps will be launching a month early to give fans a tease of what to expect on the Russian frontlines. The map, Lupkow Pass, was first shown off during the recent EA Play 2017 event.
Battlefield 1‘s In the Name of the Tsar expansion is slated to launch sometime this September.
Source: PvP Live