DICE has released the summer update for Battlefield 1 that includes changes to maps, weapons, and more.
To start with, changes have been made to Shock Operations across the Lupkow Pass, Zeebrugge, and Prise de Tahure maps. The changes include adjustments to sector boundaries, the amount of planes in sectors, flag capture areas, and more. These changes have been made to make the opening sectors a little easier for attackers, according to the developer. Take a look at the full list of changes below:
- The first sector boundary has been adjusted to:
- Prevent Defenders from using the rocks on the edges of the boundary to snipe Attackers.
- Prevent Defenders from using the slope at the edge of the boundary to harass Attackers.
- Removed 1 Defender plane from Sectors 2 and 3 to prevent air superiority for Defenders during tough Attacker sectors.
- Removed the single Defender cavalry unit from Sector 1 to prevent cavalry runs out of bounds to harass Attackers.
- Removed the Airship L30 Behemoth from Sectors 2, 3 and 4. The Behemoth remains for the first sector, but between defender planes, AA guns, Burton LMRs and AA rocket guns, this Behemoth shouldn’t be so consistently dominant.
- Elite kits have been offered as a comeback assist in Sectors 2, 3, and 4, repurposing some of the existing kits to be used as comeback kits for Attackers.
- Sector 1 has had its bounds adjusted to prevent Defender access to the lighthouse; the Attacker HQ now includes the lighthouse and part of the mole.
- The Attacker Elite Infiltrator kit has been moved into the lighthouse base. A Flame Trooper has been added there as well, to allow for Attackers to more aggressively push and hold flags in the first sector.
- The A flag capture area has been slightly adjusted to make swimming captures a little more viable.
- Defender planes now respawn a bit slower than the Attacker planes.
- Defenders now only get their second plane when the Attackers reach sector 3, as opposed to sector 2.
- Defenders can no longer use boats in Sector 4 to harass Attackers.
Prise de Tahure
- It was found that Attackers on the final sector could steal Defender kits and Defenders could steal Attacker “comeback” kits, so that has also been addressed.
In addition to he above changes, changes have also been made to the M1903 Experimental to add a secondary fire mode and to the C96 pistol to adjust its reload time to better match the animation.
Finally, a number of improvements have been made to the user interface, including new gameplay options for adjusting color and visibility of the lens sight reticle, new gameplay options to show compass bearing numbers on the map, and new options to adjust the size and visibility of various HUD elements.
Take a look at the full patch notes here.
Battlefield 1 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.