Posted on January 4, 2012 AT 06:14am
He proposed the changes via a post on Reddit, listing various stat changes for the bipod, foregrip, suppressor, heavy barrel, and flash suppressor. The full change list can be found below:
The Foregrip is for players who who are in close combat and highly mobile fighting situations. It reduces the horizontal recoil forces that make maintaining a consistant aim on target difficult, however it makes aimed shots more difficult.
- +34% reduction in horizontal recoil (adjust based on gun)
- -20% penalty to base accuracy when aimed
The Bipod is for Players who wish to setup a position and hold it against the enemy, or make long range shots effectively. When deployed recoil and dispersion are substantially reduced and scope sway is eliminated (except under suppression).
- +Reduction in horizontal and vertical recoil (% depends on gun type)
- +Reduction in dispersion (% depends on gun type/ammo type)
- -Has to be setup to get the benefit
The Suppressor is for players who are mostly focused on Stealth. It uses low velocity rounds, which means better stealth at the cost of reduced range. The Suppressor adds bulk to a weapon due to its size, making firing from the hip more difficult, though a high quality Suppressor provides a small aimed accuracy bonus and reduces the muzzle rise when firing.
- +Does not appear on minimap when firing.
- +Reduces sound and visual muzzle signature
- -Reduced range for both min and max, damage stays the same.
- -50% penalty to base accuracy from the hip
- +25% bonus to base accuracy when aimed
- +10% reduced vertical recoil
The Heavy Barrel is for players who are focused on Accurate Aimed fire. It uses high velocity rounds, which means the bullet drop is reduced and the max range of the weapon is increased at the cost of an increase in auto fire dispersion. The Heavy Barrel adds bulk to a weapon due to its weight, making firing from the hip more difficult, though it gives a substantial increase in aimed accuracy bonus.
- +Increased maximum range, damage stays the same.
- -25% increased dispersion per shot
- +50% bonus to base accuracy when aimed
- -25% penalty to base accuracy from the hip
The Flash Suppressor is for players who want some additional Stealth, without the range and accuracy penalties of a Suppressor. It works as a recoil compensator, reducing recoil, though it adds a slight bit of bulk making firing from the hip more difficult.
- +Reduces visual muzzle signature
- +20% reduced vertical recoil
- -20% penalty to base accuracy from the hip
EGM’s TAKE: It appears that DICE has been thinking very carefully about these changes which should hopefully bring more balance to the game.
What do you think of the proposed changes? Leave your thoughts below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.