Posted on October 1, 2011 AT 07:42am
THE BUZZ: EA and DICE have released a set of patch notes containing changes that will be made to the final version of Battlefield 3 as a result of the beta.
This is the first set of notes with more to be released as the beta continues.
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: “Private” flag and “Switch Teams”.
These changes will not be made in the beta, only in the final version of the game.
EGM’s TAKE: It’s good to see DICE using the beta effectively and polishing the the game before it goes gold.
What other bugs have you discovered while playing?
Please comment below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.