Over the past few weeks details have been slowly trickling out about the Squad system in Battlefield 3.
From what we have seen so far it would appear that the Squad system will be similar to the one seen in Battlefield Bad Company 2 but there are a few differences especially with squad spawning.
– Squads are limited to 4 members
– Squad leader can spawn on any member, while members can only spawn on squad leader
– The creator of the squad is the squad leader, and will be indicated by a star.
– On 64 player maps, a 32 player team will have 8 squads (8 x 4 = 32)
– Players will receive squad bonus points for helping the squad, much like in Bad Company 2.
– Players will receive bonus points for killing the opponent squad leader
– The best/most active member will get promoted to squad leader.
– Squads wont be lockable (unlike in Bad Company 2)
– Squad tools (squad leaders get to lock the squad, invite members, kick members, etc.)