THE BUZZ: EA has announced a Battlefield 3 community video challenge which offers fans a chance to go to DICE’s studio. All you have to do is record your most awesome Battlefield 3 moment and send it in to EA for a chance to win.
“The “Only in Battlefield 3″ Community Video Challenge celebrates the uniqueness of Battlefield 3’s multiplayer and the extraordinary creativeness of our community. Film your greatest gameplay moments that could only happen in Battlefield 3 and share them with us. The ultimate prize is a paid trip to visit the DICE studio in Stockholm, Sweden, and meet the creators of Battlefield 3,” says the publisher.
The rules are as follows:
- Create your unique Battlefield Moment trailer based on your own Battlefield 3 gameplay footage
- Feel free to use the Battlefield 3 asset pack which you can download from here
- Use your own captured HD footage
- Please make sure to only use the supplied Battlefield 3 theme for your trailer soundtrack, since we will not be able to consider your entry (no matter how great) if it contains other copyrighted music.
- Upload your trailer to YouTube
- Email the link to email@example.com by January 23, 2012 and make sure to use the subject line “Only in Battlefield 3” in your email. Please include your full name, address, daytime phone number and date of birth.
- NOTE: By submitting an entry to the “Only in Battlefield 3” Community Video Challenge, you confirm that you have read and accepted the Terms and Conditions (available at the bottom of this page).
- A jury consisting of the DICE Battlefield 3 team will then trawl through the entries and select a shortlist of contenders
- Shortlisted entries will appear in a dedicated playlist on the Battlefield YouTube channel where the entire Battlefield community will be able to review and comment
- From the shortlisted entries DICE will pick 3 winners who will each win a 3-day trip for two to Stockholm, staying in a 5-star hotel. In addition to sampling the sights of the Swedish capital you will also get to visit the DICE Studio and meet the makers of Battlefield 3.
EGM’s TAKE: A chance to go to DICE just for doing something you’re going to be doing anyway, so how can you turn it down?