Posted on January 30, 2014 AT 06:22am
DICE has started rolling out a new update for PC version of Battlefield 4, according to a post on the game’s official forums, increasing GPU/CPU performance, fixing a few bugs, and making some balance tweaks to the DMR.
The update adds a new Mantle renderer for AMD graphics cards, which should increase the game’s performance for several players who use this new low-level graphics API. You can find the full details on what mantle is and how to enable it here.
The DMR is also receiving a major overhaul with this patch. All DMRs have had their damage increased at long range to allow for three hit kills against unarmored opponents, and the accuracy penalty for sustained fire has also been reduced. “ The amount of the damage increase varies from weapon to weapon, according to its intended range, rate of fire, and damage,” the developer wrote. “We will continue to monitor the effectiveness of DMRs in combat, and determine if additional action is needed to make DMRs a viable mid to long range weapon.”
You can check out the full patch notes below:
CPU/GPU Performance and Monitoring
- Tweaked and improved CPU multi-core utilization to try and avoid stuttering and low framerate due to stalls that happened on some CPU and OS configurations.
- Users can now configure and control themselves how many CPU cores should be used in the game with the new “Thread.MaxProcessorCount” settings in User.cfg.
- “Render.DrawScreenInfo 1” now also shows information about which CPU and GPU is in the system, how many GPUs & CPU cores are used and which renderer (DirectX 11 or Mantle) is active
- Added new “PerfOverlay.FrameFileLogEnable” command that records frame times on CPU & GPU and logs out to a .csv file
- AMD Catalyst driver 13.12 (or later) is now recommended instead of 13.9
- Enabled tile-based compute shader lighting optimization on Nvidia for improved GPU performance (already active on AMD GPUs)
- Improved performance with rendering and spotlights for all GPUs, primarily in in-door environments
- Significantly reduced the duration of the black screen when spawning in, and fixed the issue with players getting killed before being in-game
- Greatly reduced the risk of crosshairs disappearing, which would also result in hit markers disappearing
- Added a headshot icon on the killcard. This should help identify instances where players are correctly killed by one shot
- Fixed an issue in Squad Deathmatch where the “Win/Lose” text was overlapping
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the SOFLAM
- Fixed an issue with players using an exploit for the MAV
- Fixed the gameplay code to properly track the FOV (Field of View) changes in the options menu
- Fixed an issue where chat would break when entering “false” or “true” in the chat window
- Fixed an out-of-helicopter glitch in Air Superiority where players could spawn on the ground and play as infantry
- Fixed the misaligned crosshairs on the T90 MBT
- Added setting to tweak joystick dead zone
- Various minor crash fixes
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.