Posted on December 9, 2013 AT 06:06am
The server update fixes a number of server side crashes, including one that was introduced with the last server update, and activates a command which allows VIP players and server administrators to join full servers.
- Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
- Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers
- Client patch compatibility to make servers compatible with the Dec 09 client update
The latest PC client update fixes one of the most frequently occurring crashes, fixes a bug in defuse where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, and introduces a number of stability fixes.
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
These updates follow server and client updates on all platforms last week, which aimed to reduce the number of crashes and fix the “one-hit kill” bug—caused single bullets to register multiple hits.
Electronic Arts recently announced that DICE has suspended all work on future expansions for Battlefield 4 until the issues with the game’s multiplayer have been fixed.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.