Posted on December 12, 2012 AT 05:43am
Bethesda has responded to several issues that players have been having with dragon mounting in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim since the release of the Dragonborn DLC.
The publisher has proved a list of tips and tricks to help players who are struggling with the new mounts. Dragonborn is available now on Xbox 360 and is slated to hit PlayStation 3 and PC early 2013.
When mounted on a dragon, you are able to equip Ritual spells but unable to cast them.
- This is by design; you cannot cast Ritual spells while riding a dragon.
When engaging in combat while mounted on the dragon, it is not possible to lock onto another perched dragon. Likewise, if you are fighting a dragon and it perches, it will automatically switch to a new target.
- You cannot attack a perched dragon; they will need to wait until the enemy dragon takes flight again.
Turning into a vampire while riding a dragon causes your character to fall.
- You should reload a save prior to this occurring and avoid transformations while riding a dragon.
Sometimes when riding a dragon, it will fly straight up into the air for an extended period of time.
- In almost all cases you can wait 30-60 seconds and the dragon will return to its normal altitude.
Post-Dragonborn: Cannot ride the first dragon tamed after returning to Skyrim and speaking with an NPC.
- To resolve this, you can load a previous save, or fast travel away and tame a different dragon. This only happens on the first dragon tamed after completing the Dragonborn.
How do I use the ability to ride a dragon once I have it?
- RESOLUTION: The Bend Will shout works like any other shout. You must hit an enemy dragon with the full three-word version of the shout in order to tame it, and force it to land. Once it lands, you can mount the dragon and ride it.
- NOTE: You cannot tame all dragons; especially powerful dragons (Paarthurnax, Alduin, and most “named dragons” for example) will resist the effects of this shout.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.