Posted on April 25, 2012 AT 06:28am
THE BUZZ: Players and analysts have been speculating that subscriptions for Star Wars: The Old Republic are in decline, BioWare has now cleared up any speculation by denying the claims.
BioWare’s Daniel Erickson has revealed that the subscription numbers haven’t dropped off, but the number of players actually logging into the game has declined.
Erickson told PC Gamer that the developer is doing ”anything and everything” it can to bring players back.
“Nothing is off the table when it comes to making sure our communities are strong and active on each server,” he said. This even includes slight alterations to the development cycle.
“Usually it’s a question of priority and since we have separate teams working on different initiatives we can usually change priorities for a particular game update fairly easily,” he added. ”Interesting replayable content is the top of the list of design prototypes going on over here.”
EGM’s TAKE: If BioWare is considering changing its development cycle then it must be slightly worried by the dropping numbers. Could this mean that we will see 1.3 sooner than expected? I sincerely hope not, patch 1.2 was released before it was ready and since then the game has been plagued by a number of issues including the removal of ranked warzones. The team has spent the last few weeks fixing things that went wrong with the patch. Throwing new features at the game isn’t going to help if they are full of annoying bugs. The Rakghoul event brought a lot of people back to the game, however now that it’s over many of them have one away again. BioWare needs to concentrate on getting the content they have stable released first.
Have you stopped logging in to the game? What can BioWare do to entice you back or keep you interested? Let us know in the comments below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.