Posted on December 17, 2012 AT 03:53am
A new patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is now available to download on PC introducing multiple fixes for the game’s campaign and Zombies mode, alongside a ton of multiplayer balance tweaks. You can check out the full patch notes below:
- Improved loadtimes when using AMD hardware
- Fix for issues when binding mousewheel to fire
- Using arrow keys to adjust Mouse sensitivity will increment the value by .01
- Fix for some instances of “Error quit was not requested in the main thread”
- Fix for issues with 16:10 displays
- Fix for TXAA not disabling when an unsupported card is detected
- Improvements to ambient occlusion
- Increased Friends list limit to 300
- Joinable friends now sort to the top of the friends list
- Users now have the ability to unlink youtube accounts.
- Added SFX to sliders in options menu
- Fix for knife lunge not working when a gamepad is connected
- Improved film rendering stability and made progression bar more accurate while rendering a film.
- Improved audio/rumble responsiveness when hitting enemies with gunfire.
- Fix for issues with changing the gamepad Button Layout in theater
- Fix for Party host receiving infinite “Reconnecting to Party” message when clicking on “Bring Party” in a post-match lobby.
- Fix for crash that could occur during credits
- Fix for freeze when unlocking Death From Above achievement
- Matchmaking improvements
- Added Hardcore Kill Confirmed playlist to the Hardcore category
- Game now resets the Care Package for a non-owner if the owner re-rolls the package using the Engineer perk.
- Fix for incorrectly being able to purchase an 11th Create a Class slot
- Collision and clipping fixes on all maps
- Fixed a number of new UI error messages reported by users.
- Improved CoDTV sort filters for browsing content
- Players can now render films in addition to clips
- Removed incorrect SFX for placing from party games
- Fixes for issues with codtv images not loading in
- Bots no longer count towards the party size limit in Custom Games
- Added the ability to “View League Teams” from any player’s Playercard.
- Added the ability to “View Playercard” from League solo leaderboards.
- Map exploit fixes in Meltdown
- Fixes for errors on Express when the train arrives
- “Drop Shot” medal is no longer awarded after standing back up.
- Fix for escort drone cuing incorrect audio
- Added voice chat volume controls
- CoDTV video playback improvemnts
- Fixes for out of sync audio issues in rendered videos
- Fixes for rendered clips showing the wrong length on youtube
- Fixes with “Hacked” items not targeting the correct team
- Shadows seen through sniper scopes now render more correctly.
- Fix for Hijacked minimap displaying incorrectly
- Fix for some equipment not being destructible by Friendly Fire in Hardcore mode
- Fix for final killcams not displaying properly if it is an “Assisted Suicide” kill.
- Fix for Bomb Defuser Challenge not progressing properly
- Fix for Hero Medal not appearing in game at the correct time.
- Fix for XP bar in League Play not displaying correctly
- Fix for teams being kicked from league play when matched against a previously played team
- Fix for crash when getting disconnected while viewing the like/dislike menu of a screenshot
- Fix for partial loss of functionality when theater is started while a party member is in emblem editor
- Fix for Arch Nemesis challenge unlocking incorrectly
- Addressed issues which prevented some master challenges from being completed.
- Fix for friends list showing the wrong rank icon for players
- Fix for Escort Drones spawning under the map
- Added a fail-safe to prevent spawn trapping in CTF.
- Fix for floating corpse models on some maps
- Players can now copy a custom class to the extra prestige slot.
- Improved overall communication of Double XP when enabled.
- AAR better communicates how much XP was earned in each match.
- Fix for issues with having Assault Shield and no secondary weapon
- Thermal vision overlay no longer appears using the VTOL glitch.
- Fix for players not being able to capture their own Care Packages when using the Black Hat PDA in FFA
- Fix for Camera Marker slide bar not functioning correctly
- EMP grenades no longer affect the CODcaster HUD.
- Fix for SFX that plays when player gets in the top 3 in FFA
- Increased sight checks on turrets to improve spawning algorithms.
- Multi-team games no longer count as a tie if an entire team quits.
- Players with Black Hat PDA can no longer hack a Care Package faster than the owner can capture it.
- Addressed a number of issues that would cause friendly/enemy color indicators on equipment and scorestreaks to display as the wrong team.
- Precision challenge “Wet Work” will now unlock with 10 kills.
- The wins challenge will now account for all FFA modes when ending a match with a tie (if you are in the top 3).
- Players that help with the “Synchronized Attack” challenge now get credit for it.
- Players will not be able to manually take control of their AGR if they die at the exact moment that their AGR deploys.
- Players using Ghost will no longer be invisible at all times in Custom Games with the mini-map option set to “constant”.
- Players using Ghost and a Suppressor attachment will no longer appear on the enemy’s minimap while shooting and moving while a UAV is up.
- The median for the K/D graph in the AAR is set to 1.0 instead of 0.0.
- Players can no longer get on top of the shrubs in Nuketown 2025.
- Kills from the explosion on the explosive crossbow bolt now count towards challenges.
- Clan tag is no longer locked immediately after prestige.
- Fixed an area in Express where K9 Unit dogs could get stuck.
- Party Privacy count no longer affects how many bots will spawn in Combat Training.
- Players can no longer stand on invisible collision in Carrier.
MP Gameplay Balancing:The following is a list of numerous gameplay balancing tweaks that were made after thorough review of statistical data from player usage of weapons, equipment, perks and scorestreaks since launch.
- UAV: cost increased from 350 to 425.
- Lightning Strike: added 750ms delay
- Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
- Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
- Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
- All: increased hip fire recoil.
- All: increased max hip fire spread from 4.75 to 5.
- All: reduced bullet penetration.
- MSMC: increased recoil slightly.
- PDW-57: increased recoil slightly.
- All: reduced idle sway for more reliable long-range aiming.
- M8A1: reduced lethal range of 3-hit kills from 250 to 50 inches.
- M8A1 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- FAL OSW + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- SWAT-556 + Select Fire: increased recoil.
- All: increased hip fire spread.
- All + Laser Sight: increased hip fire spread.
- XPR-50: increased recoil slightly.
- R870: reduced one-hit kill range by 45 inches.
- B23R: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1.
- KAP-40: reduced headshot multiplier from 1.4 to 1
- Fix for Reviving text remains on screen during scoreboard after game ends
- Fix for Mystery Box beacon disappearing after host migration
- Fixes for players getting inside of or clipping into objects in all ZM maps
- Improved zombie AI pathing in all maps
- Fixes for players falling outside of the map for all maps
- Players will now take damage while holding buildable parts
- Fixes for issues obtaining the Jet Gun
- Removed debug text that sometimes appears after host migration
- “You Have No Power Over Me” achievement is now awarded at the correct time
- Fix for infinite loading screen when uploading short clips
- Fix for errors that may occur when viewing long clips
- Fixes for Green flashes appearing when exiting Nuketown Zombies
- Dead players can now text chat with living players
- Added voice chat volume controls
- Fix for players having unbreakable zombie shield
- Fix for issues with multiple players buying the same door
- Fix for incorrect character audio while holding breath with sniper scopes
- Fix for rare issue with players getting stuck in custom game lobby
- Fix for players getting permanent perks
- Fix for persistent upgrades never going away.
- Fix for players not dying when falling from extreme distances after purchasing juggernog in survival modes
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.