Posted on April 14, 2014 AT 08:19am
Blizzard announced four new characters for its upcoming MOBA Heroes of the Storm during a PAX East Panel over the weekend.
The four characters are Li Li Stormstout, Brightwing, Murloc mascot Murky, and broodmother Zagara. The developer also revealed that brewmaster Chen, Blood Elf prince Kael’thas, and Sylvanas would be joining the roster in the future.
Heroes of the Storm is currently in alpha testing, and Blizzard still doesn’t have an official date for when it will enter beta. Players who wish to be involved in the beta when it begins can sign up via their Battle.net beta profile settings.
A rundown of the four new heroes can be found below:
- Lili is a new support hero with an ability set that helps her to very effectively aid her teammates throughout the game.
- She has lots of ways to protect herself and allies, and she doesn’t need to be babysat.
- Brightwing has the ability to passively heal any allies nearby.
She can also transform enemies into animals.
- Brightwing is a versatile support hero capable of teleporting from ally to ally, healing them and providing them with the help they need to succeed in battle.
- Zagara has map-wide components to her design.
- She can drop Creep Tumors to spread Zerg Creep, which helps speed up her movement speed, as well as the speed of her summons.
- What’s more, Zagara can use her Nydus Worms to hop back and forth around the map, giving her plenty of opportunity to Creep up and siege multiple lanes at once.
- When we talked about putting Murky in the game, we initially struggled with what to do with him. Making him a really powerful hero just didn’t seem to fit quite right (he is a Murloc, you know.) Instead, we chose to make him very, very weak, but incredibly persistent.
- Murky can lay an egg which he can use to respawn near instantly upon being killed. If his egg is destroyed, Murky will face the same respawn timers as other heroes do, so be sure to hide it well!
- Murky is going to die A LOT, but he’s a hero who eventually overwhelms enemies across multiple battles. He doesn’t need to win every fight; he just needs to win once.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.