Borderlands 2 is set to receive a third DLC expansion soon titled Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, and as usual the Internet detectives have managed to uncover several details and screenshots about this upcoming add-on.
MP1st and Examiner have posted up several screenshots of new character customization skins and weapons which will be added as part of the new DLC. A Reddit user also managed to discover a description of the DLC which reads:
“Danger! Excitement! Mustaches! It’s time for another episode of Vault Hunter Adventures, featuring Sir Hammerlock! In this week’s tale, our hard-boiled heroes travel to the savage continent of Aegrus! Their goal? To uncover the most exotic creatures Pandora has to offer, and give ‘em the old one-two!”
Finally Reddit users managed to uncover several details about the DLC including:
- One new head and one new skin for each class
- A new vehicle – the fanboat (summoned from a Catch-A-Boat station), with 68 of its own skins and corrosive, incendiary, and shock weapon mods
- Currently 12 side missions and 5 longer main story missions
- A new raid boss (“Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.”)
- More new Seraph items
- New kinds of enemies, like the borok and the scaylion
- Lots of monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock
- A new swamp/jungle continent named Aegrus
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work
- A new treasure room brimming with goodies… but with a time limit
Are you happy with all this new content set to be added? What else would you like to see? Share your thoughts below.