Following a recent leak, 2K and Gearbox Software have confirmed that Borderlands 3 will launch for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on September 13th, 2019. On PC, the game will be exclusive to the Epic Games Store until April 2020.
The game sees players attempting to “stop the fanatical Calypso Twins from uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power” as one of four Vault Hunters: Moze, Amara, FL4K, and Zane. More details about the four new Vault Hunters can be found below:
- Moze as The Gunner: When Moze needs backup she Digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as The Siren: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as the Beatmaster: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as the Operative: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.
In addition to announcing the release date, Gearbox shared details about three special editions for the game: Deluxe Edition, Super Deluxe Edition, and Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition. Details below:
Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter skin, Echo Device skin, trinket
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, trinket
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, trinket
- Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods
Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99)
Includes everything found in the Deluxe Edition as well as the game’s season pass, which grants access to:
- 4 campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, trinket, and grenade mod
Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition ($249.99)
Includes everything found in the Super Deluxe Edition as well as the following:
- Premium Diamond Loot Chest: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot.
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! Approximately 3.5” tall.
- Sanctuary 3 snap model replica: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand.
- Planetary Vault Key, keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault.
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands.
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins.
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
Finally, Gearbox Software revealed that it will share the first gameplay footage of Borderlands 3 on May 1st.