Bungie has updated the official website of Destiny with some brand new details about some of the allies, enemies, and areas that you encounter in the game.
The website offers details on Guardians, the Warlock, the Titan, and the Hunter, as well as describes some of the places that you will be spending some time at during your travels, such as Earth, the Moon, Mars, and Venus.
- Guardians: You are a Guardian of the last safe city on Earth, able to wield some of the Traveler’s incredible power. You are taking this mantle just as a new day dawns. Titans, Hunters, and Warlocks have finally returned to our long-lost worlds, only to find out we are not alone.
- Warlocks: Warlocks have long studied the Traveler, mastering some of its arcane energies. Its true purpose still remains a great mystery, but discovering truth has always driven you into the unknown. Now, our enemies are the only thing that stands between you and the lost wonders of our Golden Age.
- Titan: The first Titans built the Wall, and gave their lives to defend it. Now, you stand in the same high place, steadfast and sure, protecting all who shelter in your shadow. You hail from a long line of heroes, forged from strength and sacrifice. Our enemies may be deadly and merciless, but so are you.
- Hunter: Hunters once prowled the wilderness and wastelands, taking big risks for even bigger rewards. You’re no outlaw-at least, not anymore-but making your own luck has always meant bending the rules. Your unique brand of daring and ingenuity is needed now more than ever.
- Earth: The wilderness beyond the walls of the City are ruined and corrupted, claimed by nature and our enemies. From the war-torn fortresses of the Twilight Gap to the skyward steppes of Old Russia, evidence of our lost glory still litters the Earth, waiting to be rediscovered.
Destiny has currently been confirmed for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 4, but expect it to also be announced for the Next Xbox at the reveal event later this month. Activision has confirmed that the game won’t see a release in 2013.
You can check out all the details here.