Call of Duty: Black Ops 4‘s latest update, which got a bit of a head start on its own patch notes, improves stability across multiplayer and Zombies, while adding some highly requested on-screen info to Blackout. The update is now live on PS4 and Xbox One, with the PC version dropping tomorrow.
Apart from a handful of tweaks to features like Calling Cards and Scorestreaks, stability was the main focus of this update for both multiplayer and Zombies. Developer Treyarch has expressed in previous patches that crash fixes are the team’s top priority, and true to that initiative, this update introduced seven crash fixes for multiplayer, and an impressive 23 crash fixes for Zombies.
On the Blackout side, Black Ops 4‘s battle royale mode received a nice tweak to the player HUD. Upon killing an enemy, the game will now show that enemy’s Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon, and same goes for the player’s Killcam when they are killed.
Starting tomorrow, Blackout’s Blightfather event, which has been live for the past week on PS4, will go live on Xbox One and PC, introducing the Zombies boss monster to rotating map locations, along with new Origins character missions. The patch summary also mentions major changes coming soon to Blackout, and while specifics aren’t offered, we expect these to include map and weapon changes.
Update 1.08’s full patch notes can be found below.
PS4 AND XBOX ONE
We’ve made the following updates to the game on PS4 and Xbox One, with PC to follow tomorrow with PC-exclusive changes:
- Spawn adjustments made for Hardpoint.
- Added Calling Card and Emblem for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Stability – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a UAV was active while another player was joining the match.
- When a player disconnected during a Hellstorm strike.
- When a Seeker attacked a player in certain situations.
- When Firebreak’s Reactor Core killed a player that was disconnecting.
- In Kill Confirmed when collecting the tag of a disconnected player.
- In Safeguard when the Robot was shut down in certain situations.
- During the Specialist Draft when another player disconnected.
- Care Package
- Improved Care Package landing physics.
- Addressed issues with the Care Package getting stuck and being flung off the map.
- Addressed an issue that would allow the Hellstorm to lock onto targets that were under roofs and not reachable by the missile.
- 100 Percenter
- 100 Percenter Calling Card now properly unlocks in the Calling Cards menu once earned.
- Bring the Pain
- Kills with the Dual Wield Saug 9mm now properly track toward this Challenge.
- Got Rocks
- Vehicle destructions now properly track toward this Challenge.
- CWL Custom Games
- Sensor Dart is no longer restricted.
- Hellion Salvo launcher is no longer restricted.
- Torque is no longer restricted.
- Select Spawn is now disabled.
- Players will now spectate other players instead of their own death position in CWL Hardpoint.
- Stim Shot will now be fully charged on respawn.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s class could change mid-game if the Create-a-Class menu was not closed prior to spawning.
- Addressed an issue where Gestures would get stuck in a loop and could not be interrupted by the player.
- General – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- In multiple situations when a player disconnected from the game.
- Occasionally when calculating stats at the end of a round.
- When disconnecting the controller during the loading screen could lead to multiple “reconnect controller” messages.
- When using Deadshot Dealer.
- In rare instances when triggering Winter’s Wail.
- In rare instances when triggering alternative ammo type FX.
- In rare instances when hint text displayed in Rush.
- In rare instances when a Stoker died.
- In rare instances while disconnecting while downed.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while using the Viper and Dragon or Ragnarok DG-5.
- Voyage of Despair – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When the Blightfather used his tongue attack.
- While activating the Sentinel Artifact.
- While using fast travel.
- During the Wonder Weapon quest.
- Blood of the Dead – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- During the third step of the Main Quest.
- When a Hellhound died after falling too far outside the map.
- In rare instances while running the unfinished Magmagat across the map.
- In rare instances when a Hellhound was killed.
- Classified – Fixed crashes that could occur:
- When a player disconnected while interacting with the door to the room containing McNamara in the Main Offices.
- When triggering Nova Crawler spawn FX.
- When Nova Crawlers used the teleporter.
- In rare instances when a player disconnected while teleporting.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the Blightfather’s projectiles fired.
- Moved one of the Dark Ops Master Calling Cards to the correct tab.
- Added Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon for killed enemies to the player HUD.
- Added enemy Calling Card, Emblem, and Echelon to Killcam.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Torque’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when an enemy was entangled in the Razor Wire.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during Ajax’s Combat Training in Specialist HQ when killing an enemy in certain situations.
Check back tomorrow when we deploy our 1.08 update on PC and this week’s new rotation of Featured playlists! See you then.
Source: Reddit r/Blackops4