Infinity Ward has rolled out a new update for Call of Duty: Ghosts across all platforms—yes, even Wii U—that introduces new features, updates the game’s anti-cheat measures, and more.
The update makes Free Fall available to everyone, makes all challenges active at the same time, updates the main menu layout, and adds Hunted Free For All to the leaderboard. The game’s anti-cheat tools have also been updated and players are now prevented from inappropriately modifying ‘kick’ messages.
The Wii U version of the update includes a few stability fixes and a large number of bug fixes. You can check them all out here.
All other platforms share the same patch notes, bar the addition of LAN support on Xbox One. The full patch notes are below:
- Allow Free Fall to be available for everyone.
- All challenges are now active operations at once.
- Main Menu layout update.
- Update to Gold Camo tracking. Now shows how many camos left to unlock Gold.
- Added Hunted Free For All leaderboard.
- Added Weapon Operations to the Operations menu.
- Removed tracker sight exploit on Warhawk.
- Prevents players from inappropriately modifying ‘kick’ messages.
- Anti-cheat tool updates.
- Made changes to Clan v Clan: Remove bomb timer sounds, and restrict Ghillie suit use.
- Fix for not allowing people in an eSports system link game from viewing third person.
- Fixes issue where CODCaster icon was erroneously showing up for remote players on a private match client machine.
- Fixed issue that could cause a user to get booted for repeatedly changing classes during match.
- Fixed issue where preset camera buttons were not working while the fullscreen map is up.
- Fix to destroy planted explosives if they are placed on top of a care package and then care package is claimed before explosive.
- Fix for players that switch teams to see correct colored notifications when their allies use kill streaks.
- Fix KD history not updating in team matches that expire on time.
- Fixed the title only displaying the first two characters of the user’s gamertag in a Private Match lobby when that user does not have the same map packs as host.
- Fixed weapon information in Player Card to allow proper weapons to be seen in clan details.
- Fixed minor graphical bug related to UI rendering.
- Various bug fixes regarding non-active controllers following invites.
- Fixed a thermal sight issues that could allow the user to skip the raise animation.
- Fix for player “Time Played” category overlapping text.
- Fixing issues where guest accounts can open the leaderboards menu.
- Fixed an issue where the challenge “Sponge III” was not tracking as expected.
- Fixed an issue where the XP points popup showed for kills in killcams.
- Fixed issue where monthly/all time filters didn’t work for the squads leaderboards.
- Fixed rare instance where player is unable to call out a killstreak or care package after earning.
- Casual mode added to Local and Solo matches – limited achievements available and no leaderboard posting.
- Hardcore Mode added to Local, Solo, and Custom Matches for Point of Contact and Nightfall.
- Numerous fixes to Nightfall.
- Reduced the radius for Explosive Ammo.
- Fixed a cash exploit while dropping money.
- Fixed a bad location on Nightfall for one of the Stay in the Marked Area challenges.
- Nightfall now properly tracks “Mission’s Completed” on the Player Card.
- Point of Contact and Nightfall Leaderboards now both properly track Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze. The columns were reversed in previous TUs.