Divisions, the classes that form the foundation of Call of Duty: WWII‘s multiplayer, will soon see a major overhaul.
This overhaul was detailed in a recent preview video that started with breaking down the upcoming dissemination of Division skills. These skills have been exclusive to their respective Divisions since launch, but they will soon be available for use across all Divisions. The Infantry’s bayonet, the Airborne’s silencer, the Expeditionary’s incendiary shells, and the Resistance’s tactical knife will all be made into standard attachments, while the Armored’s bipod and the Mountain’s sharpshooter ability will become available for use by any weapon of its type.
The lack of this equipment in Division skill slots allowed the developer to introduce new exclusive skills to each Division, as well as rebalance some Divisions’ less effective abilities. Several of the Basic Training perks will also see rebalancing in this update, such as the complete removal of the Primed Training, which will have its effect of an extra attachment slot given to all loadouts by default.
Finally, the video touches on the game’s movement system, specifically its limited sprint. While this is something of a Call of Duty staple, the developers found that limiting the distance players could sprint at once wasn’t benefiting gameplay. After the update, all Divisions will support unlimited sprint.
The preview video can be found below, in addition to the full patch notes for all the changes coming in the update. WWII‘s Divisions update will launch across all platforms on April 10th, alongside the PS4 launch of the game’s second expansion, The War Machine.
1. Additional Primary Attachment
2. Second Pistol Attachment & swap weapons faster
3. While aiming down sights, have less idle sway
4. Move faster while aiming
1. Fire guns while sprinting & diving
2. Reload while sprinting
3. Climb over obstacles faster & no damage from falling
4. Sprint faster over time
1. Take significantly less explosive & fire damage
2. Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment
3. Increased bullet penetration through surfaces
4. Greatly reduced flinch when shot
1. Invisible to enemy Recon Aircraft & controlled streaks
2. Killed enemy death locations hidden
3. No name or reticle change when enemies aim at you
4. Silent movement
1. Double Lethal + Tactical & enhanced equipment use
2. Munitions replenish from killed enemies & over time
3. Improved Tacticals & Easier to destroy War buildables
4. Equipment damage paints enemies on mini-map
1. Mini-map indicator & scrambler of close hostiles
2. Enemy movements are easier to hear
3. Kills & assists grant Intel Ping of nearby enemies
4. Easier to spot targets & increased mini-map coverage
Loadout Selection Changes:
- LMG Bipod and Sniper Sharpshooter are automatically available when using an LMG or Sniper
- Remaining Division Skills (weapon class attachments) are selectable in CAC (and no longer given by division)
- Each Division has a 4th perk and their levels have been adjusted & rebalanced
- All players have unlimited sprint & sprint speed is slightly slower
- 3 Primary Attachments for all loadouts
- One piece of both Lethal & Tactical equipment for all loadouts
- Launchers can be equipped for all loadouts
- The Rifle Grenade is an available attachment for all rifles
- The Suppressor is an available attachment for all pistols
- The Pistol Suppressor has a 15% range reduction vs. the SMG Suppressor’s 30% range reduction
- The following Basic Trainings are cut & no longer selectable: Primed & Bang
- Prestige tokens spent on these are refunded & associated challenges are auto-completed
- The following Basic Trainings are newly added: Blitzkrieg & Clandestine
- Blitzkrieg: “Streaks are earned by Kills (instead of Score). Bonus: Streaks are improved & select a 4th Streak.”
- Clandestine: “Slain enemies drop Intel Packs that reveal nearby hostiles. Bonus: Intel ping at the start of each life.”
- Moved “Second pistol attachment & swap weapons faster” to Infantry to align with its marksmanship focus
- Filled gap in Resistance with “Enemy movements are easier to hear” to align with its counter-intelligence focus
Weapon/Mechanic Tuning Changes:
- Global sprint speed reduced (to account for Unlimited Sprint)
- 1.3x instead of previously 1.4x
- Reduced Launcher effectiveness against players
- Panzerschreck nerfed damage & projectile speed
- Bazooka buffed radius, buffed projectile speed & nerfed damage
- Bazooka should more reliably give hitmarkers than before & increased projectile speed should make it better than Panzer against streaks.
- Frag & Sticky grenade max damage nerfed
- ~10% max damage reduction to account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical and address existing complaints of grenade spam
- Shellshock & Earthquake effects from Lethal Equipment significantly reduced
- Reduced effect radius and duration to address existing complaints and account for all players having both Lethal & Tactical
- Tactical Equipment strength adjusted
- All tacticals without Expeditionary III got a small nerf
- Smoke lasts 10 seconds (previously: 14 seconds; Expeditionary III: 14 seconds)
- Signal Flare lasts 3.5 seconds (previously: 5 seconds; Expeditionary III: 5.5 seconds)
- Stun effects last between 1.75-3.5 seconds (previously: 2-4 seconds; Expeditionary III: 2.5-4.25 seconds)
- Tabun Gas deals 1 dmg every 1 second 5 times (previously: 10 dmg every 1 second 5 times; Expeditionary III: 5 dmg every 0.625 seconds 8 times)
- The following Basic Trainings have had their benefits changed:
- Energetic: Adds “Increased sprint speed”. Removes “Sprint again sooner”
- Forage: Adds “Resupply bullets over time”. Adds “Extra magazines”. “Removes “Swap weapons faster”.
- Ordnance: Adds “Killed enemies drop Streak packs that fill your meter”. Removes “Re-roll your own care packages”.
- Launched: Adds “Additional launcher ammunition”. Removes “Only way to take a Launcher”.
- Concussed: Adds “Take two pieces of Lethal & Tactical equipment”. Removes “presetting what the equipment is”.
- Instincts: Adds “Immune to Shell Shock and Tactical Equipment”. Esports-only change to remove “warning when targeted off-screen” benefit (with the intention for this BT to be unbanned by MLG and used in competitive to counter Tacticals).
- Incendiary Shells attachment buffed
- Gives Additional Shells (7 for Combat Shotgun; 8 for all other shotguns)
- Range reduction of Shells buffed to -10% from -15%
- Sped up loading of shells for Combat Shotgun
- M30 Rifle Bullet ammo buffed
- Gives Additional Bullets (8 bullets instead of previous 6)
- LMG Bipod Buffed
- Increased fire rate while mounted (+9% which is equal to Rapid Fire attachment for LMGs [which stacks])
- Firing while mounted initially draws ammo from reserve then once exhausted draws from current clip (removing the need to reload).
- Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
- Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the “proper” way rather than quickscoping.
- Buffed “Take Significantly less fire & explosive damage” from Armored
- 80% reduction from fire & explosive damage (previously was 65% reduction)
- “Reduced idle sway” from Infantry III & Scoped now affects snipers
- 30% reduction for Snipers; vs. all other weapon classes’ 65% reduction
- This does stack with Ballistic Calibration attachment
- Buffed “Move faster while aiming” from Infantry IV & Scoped
- Maintained separation between weapon classes (Sniper < LMG < Rifle < SMG < Pistol / Shotgun)
- LMGs mostly got their ADS firing speed buffed since that was previously very slow even with Infantry IV
- Snipers got a smaller buff than other weapon classes since it isn’t beneficial to move too fast
- Pistols & Shotguns already equaled non-ads speed with Infantry IV so they were not adjusted
Source: Sledgehammer Games