Cars 3: Driven to Win is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Switch, and Wii U in June 2017, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced.
Developed by Avalanche Software, the game picks up events after the final big race in the Cars 3 film and extends the storyline with “all-new action packed adventures.” Players can race more than 20 customizable characters, including popular heroes from the Cars franchise, around 20 unique tracks set across 13 locations from the film, such as Radiator Springs and Florida International Speedway.
Player can play alone or with friends via local split-screen in six different game modes:
- Stunt Showcase: Catch air and perform as many stunts and tricks to get the highest score.
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible to get the highest score.
- Best Lap Challenge: Beat your prime time score to set an all-time new record.
- Race: Hop into the tracks against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Battle Race: Put your training to the test and race against your family and friends (in local split-screen mutliplayer) to become the ultimate champion.
“It’s been an amazing experience to work with the team at Pixar once again for this new game for the beloved Cars franchise,” John Blackburn, vice president and general manager of Avalanche Software, said.
“With Cars 3: Driven to Win, we wanted to create a game that allows fans to extend their experience with this great film, and also feel the thrill of speeding through the tracks, participating in races, and mastering tricks and techniques for fun with the whole family.”