A third update has been released for Chrono Trigger on PC that makes more changes to the game.
The update improves the UI for both controller and keyboard users when dialog is displayed, while shopping, and during mini-games. As well as this, improvements have been made to battles, allowing players to flip between pages with single button presses and available techs being immediately updated when recovering MP.
Other changes made in this update include improved gameplay speed, difficulty changes in specific mini games and story events, and controller input being disabled when the game is not active.
Read the full patch notes below:
- The UI has been further updated for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas:
- Whilst moving on the world map, in towns and in dungeons.
- How options in dialog are displayed.
- Shop screens.
- Whilst selecting a time period to visit.
- In mini-games too.
- Improvements have been made to battles
- You can now flip between pages within menus with single button presses.
- Available techs are immediately updated when recovering MP.
- The duration the explanation window is shown at the top of the screen has been extended.
- Changes have been made to the priority for which information is shown first when there are multiple messages in explanation windows.
- A bug where some controls would still respond while the game is paused in battle has been fixed.
- Following the last update, we’ve continued to improve gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
- The difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events.
- Controller input is now disabled when the game is not active.
- Additional minor bug fixes.
The development teams also outlined another update for the game that will be coming later this month. This update will make further changes to the UI and offer the option to rebind buttons.