A second update has been released for the PC version of Chrono Trigger that attempts to make further improvements.
“Thank you for all of the positive messages you’ve sent us since we announced the fixes we’re making to Chrono Trigger on Steam, and again since the first patch was released,” the developer wrote.
According to the patch notes, this new update introduces a new battle user interface based on the look and feel of the original game. Players can choose between the new and old battle UIs via a new menu option.
Other changes in this update include the option to pause in battle, an increase in the resolution of cutscenes, and numerous bug fixes. Read the full patch notes below:
- A new battle user interface (UI) has been added based on the look and feel of the original CHRONO TRIGGER.
- An option has been added to select between the UI optimised for controller/keyboard mentioned above, and the current UI optimised for mouse & touch panels. This option appears in “settings” in the main menu.
- The game can now be paused during battle by using the pause button on controller, or the Space bar on the keyboard.
- Adjusted the look of playable characters on the world map to be more in-line with the original version of CHRONO TRIGGER.
- The resolution of animated cut-scenes has been improved.
- The display area of animated cut-scenes has been increased.
- Fixed instances where the game slowed down during certain scenes.
- The Korean font has been updated.
- Other small bugs are fixed.
Chrono Trigger is available now on PC.