Square Enix has released a fourth update for the PC version of classic role-playing game Chrono Trigger.
This latest update makes a number of changes to the menu UI, including a reworked title screen, a reworked menu screen, and the option to select either “gamepad/keyboard” or “touch panel/mouse” from the “settings” menu. Read the full patch notes below:
- Changes to the menu UI
- We’ve changed the user interface (operation method and screen layout) of the following screens to make it more comfortable to play with controller or keyboard.
- Menu screen
- Title screen (including title menu)
- You can select interface either “gamepad/keyboard” or “touch panel/mouse” from “settings” in the menu.
- Title screen is the same regardless of your settings.
- The UI updates that we first outlined in patch #2 are now complete as of this patch. However, we will continue to keep adjusting the UI where necessary.
- Other adjustments and revisions
- In the settings menu, “Movement” has been removed, based on UI changes.
- Small bugs are fixed
Square Enix added that the planned option to rebind buttons has been delayed until update five, which is scheduled to launch in late July. According to a blog post on Steam, there are several mini games that need adjusting before custom keybinds can be introduced.
Chrono Trigger is available now on PC.