Posted on December 23, 2013 AT 06:14am
Compulsion Games has released a new title update for the PlayStation 4 version of Contrast in North America, which contains a number of fixes for several small bugs.
The game is currently free for PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 alongside Resogun. In Contrast players take on the role of Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl called Didi, who has the ability to switch from a full 3D model to a 2D shadow. Players must manipulate light sources to allow Dawn to progress through the game.
Good news! The Contrast PS4 patch has gone live in North America, just in time for Christmas.
— Contrast (@ContrastGame) December 20, 2013
You can check out the full list of changes below:
- Fix orb focusing bug on the top level of the Lighthouse. (You should now be able to “lock on” to the orb in all cases.)
- Fix Carousel luminary loading/persistence problem. (This fixes the situation where you could play the Carousel, not complete it, complete the other two attractions, but then not be able to restart the Carousel.)
- Fixed dashing and jumping getting you stuck in objects. (Most significant fix – big change to prevent getting stuck inside objects.)
- Fixed dashing from wedging you into geometry at low framerates.
- Fixed getting stuck in the ground or objects while shifting out. This should fix:
- Issues where the player could get stuck inside DetailGeometry meshes. (Random stuff lying around the place.)
- Cinema skip issue. (Sorry speedrunners, we will look into preserving the previous patch, but not right now.)
- Fixes lantern issues. (When lighting changes shift you out of shadows.)
- Fixes issues with getting stuck on dynamic actors. (Eg boxes.)
- Game now displays the walking animation when stuck in a stable configuration while falling. (No more t-pose, unless you’re still falling.)
- Allow jumping in that case to help the player get out of the collision. (Ie, you can now jump out of most spots in the world. Together, this plus the previous change mean you can jump out of areas that you would have been
- stuck in previously.)
- Fix going through walls (getting out of the map) and stop dash from going through shadows. (Big gameplay change – you no longer go into shadows automatically at the end of a dash. You can still manually shift once you’ve
- finished your dash. You may also find yourself able to double jump in certain circumstances.)
- Fix for the box falling on the player’s head and floating in space.
- Fixed a bunch of rare crashes.
Today's Top 10 Stories
MKX livestream details Erron Black and others, talks new fatalities; NetherRealm announces eSports initiative
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.