The PC version of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has received a new patch to fix some of the issues that cropped up during the beta.
The patch includes several UI changes, a few sound fixes, and a lot of general bug fixes. The game is now live on Steam, and you can check out the patch notes below:
- Added the Weapons Course to the game.
- Voice notification can now show more players talking.
- Updated the freeze panel to no longer show the heath for your killer in competitive mode.
- Added an option in the menu to disable the game instructor messages.
- Update to the player info panel to no longer show achievement alerts.
- Update to the leaderboard screen to default to Friends filter.
- Added the Total Games Played leaderboard category.
- Updated the Play With Friends screen:
- Made the chat window bigger so text is no longer cut off.
- Adjusted the size of dimming when the focus changes between friends list and lobby list. It used to obscure the friends list and a little of the chat. Now it only obscures the friends list.
- Updated the radio command panel so that the radio panel doesn’t end up at the top of the screen during a mode that doesn’t have a money panel.
- Set Classic Casual deadtalk to 0 to encourage fair play.
- Fixed the freeze panel dynamic positioning that would allow it to go too high.
- Fixed a missing text string displayed when player is not connected to Steam in leaderboards.
- Fixed a bug where the Mag7 could be bought by Ts via console commands.
- Fixed a bug where adding favorite server was not functional in the Community Server UI.
- Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where using left and right on keyboard or gamepad made the screen unresponsive.
- Fixed a bug in the Play With Friends lobby where typing in the Chat window would cause player names to flicker in the friends list.
- Fix for voice/chat/radio messages. Better unified the handling of voice and chat messages.
- Chat messages now correctly use sv_allchat (instead of sv_alltalk), which should be more consistent with other source games.
- Team-only communications now are not affected by sv_allchat/sv_alltalk, which means that private communications to one’s team stay private, regardless of game mode.
- Team-only communication is also not overridden by sv_full_alltalk, which allows teams to privately communicate strategy during warmup time and intermission.
- Radio commands are considered team-only, so these should still be usable for tactics during games with sv_alltalk enabled (e.g. casual).
- Spectators no longer hear team-only communications, except when sv_spec_hear is mode 2 (hear/see comms of the spectated teams).
- Increased the audible range of the c4 plant and disarm sounds.
- Fixed audio randomly chirping/screeching on certain levels.
- Tuned lobby distance computations when performing matchmaking.
- Exposed a convar (“mm_csgo_community_search_players_min”) for community quick match to look for community servers having at least specified number of human players already playing.
- Shipped zombie model to support the Zombie Mod
Have you bought the game? Does anything else need fixing? Let us know in the comments below.