Valve has pushed live a new update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive which fixes a few bugs that have cropped up since the game launched on Tuesday.
One major fix is that players can longer interrupt bomb diffuses by standing between them and the bomb, a very annoying glitch that I’m sure many players will be happy to see fixed. Another useful tweak is a change to the height of smoke, which makes it easier to block tall areas like the double doors on dust2. The full patch notes are below:
- Addressed some stability issues.
- Fixed perf issues when logging is enabled.
- Added a convar (cl_crosshairgap) to control the gap of the classic crosshair.
- The smoke grenade smoke is now taller so it’s now more useful to use it to block places like double-doors in dust2.
- Players can no longer interrupt another player defusing the bomb by standing in between them and the bomb.
- Disabled sv_pure on listen servers.
- Fixed an sv_pure bug that resulted in false inconsistent MD5s
- Increased search iterations and time delay for keeping sessions in the ignored pool. mm_ignored_sessions_reset can now reset the ignored pool.
- Fixed a case where MOTD prevents input to the team select screen.
- Fixed occasional “server is full” error when matchmaking into classic casual games.
- Fixed an exploit where a vote could be called for an invalid map.
- Added some sound mix settings suggested by pros
- Increased the volume of bullet impacts and ricochets
- Increased the volume of 3rd person footsteps
- Increased the volume of weapon foley sounds (reloads, etc.)
- Decreased the volume of ambient sounds
- Added steamcmd support to srcds_run. In order to have srcds_run auto-update when the CS:GO dedicated servers get patched, the srcds_run script must be run with the following options: -autoupdate -steam_dir STEAMDIR Steamcmd_script STEAMSCRIPT
- Where STEAMDIR is the directory to the steamcmd dir ( example: ~/Steam/ )
- Where STEAMSCRIPT is the name of the script that steamcmd should execute ( example: ~/Steam/csgo.txt )