The first worldwide gameplay debut of Cyberpunk 2077 depicts a game world that we’re still struggling to believe.
Cyberpunk 2077‘s livestream demonstration—first shown behind closed doors at E3 2018—was massive, clocking in at nearly 50 minutes of nonstop gameplay, with a bit of nudity thrown in for good measure. Anyone curious about the game should check out every second, but here are some highlights for those without the time to commit to the full demo:
- The start of the demo gives fans their first look at the game’s preliminary character customization options, shortly followed by the official reveal of its first-person shooter gameplay.
- At around 10 minutes, the character takes their first steps into the game’s seemingly limitless open-world of Night City, with a short tour giving us a taste of the life that thrives there.
- At around 20 minutes is the demo’s first tease of the gameplay-oriented character customization, revealing two of the augments players can take into their fights.
- Twenty-four minutes into the video marks our first look at vehicular gameplay, which quickly transitions into a bullet-riddled car chase.
- Check in around 28 minutes to get a better idea of the game’s dialogue system, and the consequences that can spawn from it.
- From about 36 minutes onward, you won’t want to skip anymore, as the demo finishes up with an almost nonstop parade of action, including looks at several new weapons and abilities.
The full demo can be checked out below. While what we see here is still a work-in-progress and subject to change, developer CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the game is now in a fully playable state.
Cyberpunk 2077 does currently have a release date, but it is expected to drop sometime in late 2019, coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.