Posted on November 2, 2011 AT 12:42pm
THE BUZZ: From Software has released patch 1.04 for Dark Souls in Japan; it will release in America and Europe soon. The patch is mainly for balancing, but a few bugs and exploits have also been removed.
The patch notes (Translated from Japanese):
- Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.
- You can see resonance signs now.
- Vow of Silence range increased.
- Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells nerfed.
- Magic Shield and Strong Magic Shield duration lowered.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%.
- Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.
- Initial weight increased
- Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
- Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)
- Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)
- Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades
- Normal upgrade path buffed by ~10%
- Lightning path nerfed slightly (~5%)
- Grant scaling changed?
- Gold-hemmed nerfed, still un-upgraded
- Dust skirt nerfed hard
- Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier’s Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.
- Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
- Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.
- Lock-on acquisition range increased.
- Lock-on changing/switching got easier.
- Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.
- Damage reduced on some mobs?
- HP lowered on some mobs?
- Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
- Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.
- Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.
- Some mobs may have added drops (Pyromancer dropping Lantern? Unconfirmed).
- You can see resonance signs.
- Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.
- Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.
- Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
- Official Guide nerfed.
- Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)
- Fixed some freeze issues
- Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now
- Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.
- Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.
- Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.
- Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.
- Fixed some specific map areas where you’d get stuck or be unable to progress.
- Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.
Merchant stock updates:
- Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
- Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key
- Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes
- Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes
- Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses
EGM’s TAKE: From Software is working incredibly hard to fix any issues and bugs which crop up in the game as quickly as possible, and they deserve some kudos for that.
What else would you like to see patched? Leave your comments below.
Source: Project Dark
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.