Bandai Namco has released an update for Dark Souls Remastered that aims to stamp out bugs and cheating.
According to the patch notes, the update has “improved the security against cheating during online multiplayer.” As well as this, a number of bugs have been fixed, including The Four Kings not being displayed in The Abyss, messages from other players not being displayed, and PlayStation 4 players being unable to launch the game. Read the full patch notes below:
- Fixed a bug in which The Four Kings are not displayed properly in The Abyss.
- Fixed a bug in which the ending comes up in Kiln of the first flame without defeating the boss when you do specific moves before the boss area.
- Fixed a bug in which player’s clear data is erroneous when the application is finished on specific conditions after defeating Gwyn, Lord of Cinder.
- Fixed a bug in which messages are not displayed to other players on asynchronous online.
- Fixed a bug in which session matching stops during online mode when the player fails to join the session where blocked players are playing.
- Fixed a bug in which the number of Estus Flask possessions is not displayed properly when you return by Black Separation Crystal.
- Improved the security against cheating during online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug in which the application cannot be launched.
PlayStation 4 and Steam/PC
- Fixed a bug in which players become invisible during online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug in which after players reset their stats and create a new profile, the new profile still features the reset stats.
Dark Souls Remastered is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.