Bohemia Interactive is set to release an experimental patch for the standalone alpha version of DayZ later today, which removes an infinite backpack glitch and adds berry picking and shotguns to the game.
“This build is being tested on experimental branch, and contains a number of fixes and changes that have been in preparation for the last two weeks. Please note that we do not expect that this build will be quickly posted to stable branch as we anticipate at least one more update will occur to Experimental prior to being pushed to stable,” creator Dean Hall wrote on the game’s forums. “Only a limited number of servers will be running this version, so be aware slots may be limited. Once we have confirmed this build is functioning correctly we will announce more information about the release to stable branch.”
The experimental version of the patch is scheduled to go live later today, January 20, with the stable version expected on January 24. To access this build players will need to go into the game’s Steam application settings and then select “beta branch.”
The complete patch notes are below:
- Niosh mask (respirator) inventory size fixed to 1/1 slot.
- Missing strings for BE popup for alternate languages, set to English while translations are being done.
- Reduced dispersion of FNX45 (from 0.05 to 0.03)
- Balanced stomach capacity,
- Added stuffed notifier (instead of sickness when full up)
- Eating and drinking animations properly set for tablets/disinfectants
- Version number in server browser and details
- Saline transfusion doesn’t refill full blood
- Charcoal and Tetracycline tablets won’t give sick badge if you aren’t actually sick
- Player aim run speed updated, weapon position changed and improved for first person view
- Glitches on right hand while moving and while giving taunt fixed
- Players can’t pile backpacks inside of another backpacks, backpack-inception style. You can only put one backpack inside of another backpack if the backpack that is being put inside is empty.
- Magnum speedloader should be spawning now
- Number of backpacks spawning lowered
- Number of .357 Pythons spawning lowered.
- Number of M4A1s spawning lowered
- Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death
- Removed scripted server teleporting check as now managed by engine
- Editable character name in main menu
- Hive, mode and time columns in server browser
- Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)
- DayZServer.exe support for sub hives.
- Signature verification against PBOs
- Added shotgun speedloader into loot spawns
- Added box of 20 pieces .357 rounds into loot spawns
- Added color variants of all shoes into loot spawns
- Added Hiking pants (both long and short ones) and Canvas pants including their color variants into loot spawns
- Added hacksaw into the loot spawns
- Added shotgun into loot spawns
- Berry picking
- Added Hacksaw into loot spawns
- Saw-off shotgun recipe
- Opening cans with saw
- Painting Mosin now supported w/ spraypaint
- Added spraypaint can into loot spawns
- Coastal harbor town of Svetloyarsk (and surrounding areas)