DayZ will be leaving Xbox Game Preview and officially launching on March 27th, developer Bohemia Interactive has announced.
The official launch will be accompanied by the release of update 1.0, which will include improved performance, a new controller layout, night time improvements, and more. A brief rundown of what is on the way, courtesy of Bohemia, can be found below:
- Improved rendering performance (should prevent many FPS drops in graphics and audio)
- Optimized inventory performance (improvements in performance when you have a lot of items around you on Xbox)
- Better inventory interaction (changes in UI and better navigation in inventory, bugfixes)
- New controller layout
- Introducing some missing controls (hold breath, leaning, dodging, better optics interactions…)
- General improvements to player controls
- Night time improvements
“We’ll bring the full changelog on the day of release, but get ready – it will be a long one,” the developer added. “Once again, thank you for your feedback and reporting all issues. While this is an important milestone for DayZ, we’ll keep on improving even after the launch and your feedback will still be critical.”
Bohemia will continue to support the game following the official launch, with plans to add new weapons and vehicles, mouse and keyboard support, and more.
DayZ will remain available at its Xbox Game Preview price of $39.99 until March 27th, at which point the price will be increased to $49.99.