The DLC titled Lightning Strikes will release December 6, and will be free to subscribers and cost $9.99 for everyone else. The full list of features includes:
- Central City: An all-new map that offers players a more open world experience that provides on-going gameplay, with solo and group missions.
- The Flash Museum Duo: Players can now experience the Central City of today and tomorrow. In The Flash Museum Duo, players can travel back in time to the very moment when Barry Allen became The Flash and battle foes inside the Central City Police Station!
- Electricity Powers: Players now have the opportunity to get the new Electricity Power set for current and new characters. The new Electricity Power set allows players to leverage the lightning power of electricity and use new types of attacks in combat. Electricity Powers include the Tesla Ball, which creates a floating ball of electricity that zaps nearby enemies; the Shockwave, which shoots streams of electric bolts at enemies; and Ionic Drain, which drains energy from the environment to replenish a player’s health while simultaneously damaging surrounding enemies.
- New Gear: Players can earn all-new gear sets including the new Zoom-inspired gear set for villains, and the new Black Lightning-inspired gear set for heroes.
- New Characters: Lightning Strikes brings players new iconic DC Universe characters including Livewire, Black Lightning, The Top, The Trickster, Static and more. New characters – such as Livewire – will be featured as new “Inspired By” options for players who can choose to create a new character inspired by some of DC Universe’s legendary characters. Additional new characters – such as Black Lighting – serve as a bounty mission that players can fight if they choose to be a villain.
EGM’s TAKE: This extra content should be a good upgrade for those that have pretty much done everything in the game, however those who joined for the free-to-play model won’t be pleased about being charged for the new content.