Posted on May 1, 2014 AT 09:15am
Trion Worlds has announced that its sci-fi MMO Defiance is set to go free-to-play on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
The game will be officially free-to-play from June 4 on PC, July 15 on PlayStation 3, and on an as yet unknown date for Xbox 360.
“New players will be able jump in to experience the entire Bay Area storyline, original end-game content and future missions completely for free, so fuel up your roller, load your weapons, and get ready: brand new missions are on the way that will further unfold the unique storyline, coupled with the second season of Defiance, the television series from Syfy,” the developer explained.
Players who already own a copy of Defiance or purchase a boxed copy of the game after the switch will receive the following bonuses:
- A grant of 1,000 Arkforge, a currency redeemable for resetting weapon mastery, upgrading your weapon’s power rating, or even bumping an uncommon weapon to epic rarity.
- 4 Character Slots, 5 Loadouts, up to 75 Ark Keycodes, and a minimum 70 Inventory Slots.
- They will also enjoy thirty days of Paradise Patron status when Defiance begins its free-to-play service.
The game will still have a subscription system in the form of Paradise Patron status. Paying for this each month will grant the following:
- Boosts to skill, XP, scrip, salvage, and reputation gain rates that stack with the matching boosts available in the store.
- 10% store-wide discount – boosts, costumes, lock boxes, all of it!
- A grab bag of one-hour boosts or Arkforge from Daily and Weekly Ark Hunter Bonus Lock Boxes. (Playing on console? Be sure to link your account to get this bonus!)
No price for Paradise Patron was announced, but the developer added that all existing owners of a boxed or digital copy of Defiance will automatically receive these bonuses.
Finally, Trion added that the first of Defiance‘s new crossover storylines will begin in the coming weeks. “ The world of Defiance is rocked when the hope of Tranquility, the first Earthling-Votan hybrid on record, lies dying in Eren’s emergency facility. As players track down the half-human and half-Irathient crossbreed’s medical history, they’ll quickly discover other forces are working to cover them up for a dark purpose.”
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.