X
X
Devil May Cry


 

Devil May Cry 5‘s recently announced early 2019 release date seems to be on track, as the game is apparently almost finished.

In the latest issue of Japanese publication Famitsu (via WFFC Tech), Capcom confirmed development on the upcoming entry in the Devil May Cry series is 75 percent complete. The developer didn’t reveal what portion of the development makes up the remaining 25 percent, but it did promise more information will arrive later this summer.

The article also teased the villain that Nero, Dante, and the mysterious third playable character will go up against is the strongest one in the series so far. This ultimate clashing will be connected to something that Nero has lost, which could be a hint that players will discover what happened to his severed demon arm. Of course, it could also be something completely new to fans of the series.

Capcom revealed earlier this week the game will launch before the end of March 2019, which might mean we could see it arrive shortly after the remake of Resident Evil 2 launches on January 25th. Before then, according to director Hideaki Itsuno, there will be a playable demo featured at Gamescom in August, so we should have a better grasp on what to expect from the gameplay soon.

Devil May Cry 5 is set to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC before the end of March 2019.

Source: WCCF Tech

0   POINTS
0   POINTS


About Evan Slead

view all posts

Evan has been loving games since he could hold a controller. When not replaying Megaman X or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the 100th time, he also has been writing about entertainment, from horror movie reviews for Bloody Good Horror to TV recaps and general news for Entertainment Weekly, and now all things gaming. Say hello on Twitter at @EvanSlead.

Devil May Cry 5’s development is farther along than we thought

We haven't seen much of Devil May Cry 5 yet, but that doesn't mean the game isn't nearing completion.

By Evan Slead | 06/22/2018 01:30 PM PT

News

Devil May Cry 5‘s recently announced early 2019 release date seems to be on track, as the game is apparently almost finished.

In the latest issue of Japanese publication Famitsu (via WFFC Tech), Capcom confirmed development on the upcoming entry in the Devil May Cry series is 75 percent complete. The developer didn’t reveal what portion of the development makes up the remaining 25 percent, but it did promise more information will arrive later this summer.

The article also teased the villain that Nero, Dante, and the mysterious third playable character will go up against is the strongest one in the series so far. This ultimate clashing will be connected to something that Nero has lost, which could be a hint that players will discover what happened to his severed demon arm. Of course, it could also be something completely new to fans of the series.

Capcom revealed earlier this week the game will launch before the end of March 2019, which might mean we could see it arrive shortly after the remake of Resident Evil 2 launches on January 25th. Before then, according to director Hideaki Itsuno, there will be a playable demo featured at Gamescom in August, so we should have a better grasp on what to expect from the gameplay soon.

Devil May Cry 5 is set to arrive on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC before the end of March 2019.

Source: WCCF Tech

0   POINTS
0   POINTS



About Evan Slead

view all posts

Evan has been loving games since he could hold a controller. When not replaying Megaman X or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the 100th time, he also has been writing about entertainment, from horror movie reviews for Bloody Good Horror to TV recaps and general news for Entertainment Weekly, and now all things gaming. Say hello on Twitter at @EvanSlead.