Posted on December 31, 2013 AT 10:27am
Despite not hearing about or seeing much of the project since its E3 2011 debut, Devil’s Third is on schedule for a 2014 release, creator Tomonobu Itagaki told 4gamer in a recent interview.
“Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game Devil’s Third,” Itagaki told the Japanese gaming outlet 4gamer (translated by Siliconera). “At the moment, it is about 80% complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
Devil’s Third, a third-person shooter and the first project from Itagaki and other Team Ninja veterans’ new company Valhalla Game Studios, was first announced in 2010. A trailer shown during E3 2011 (embedded below) revealed gameplay comprised of equal parts hack-n-slash action and third-person shooting. Publishing responsibilities were originally being handled by THQ, but in the wake of their bankruptcy and demise earlier this year, IP rights returned to Itagaki and Valhalla Games. The game is being built using the same engine that powered Darksiders II.
So far, Devil’s Third has only been announced for Windows PC, PS3, and Xbox 360, but Itagaki has stated that the Wii U is capable of running his new studios’ debut.
“For you fans out there, I’d like to apologize for making you worry,” Itagaki added. “We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Today's Top 10 Stories
MKX livestream details Erron Black and others, talks new fatalities; NetherRealm announces eSports initiative
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.