Blizzard has removed two of the restrictions that it put in place for purchasers of Diablo III‘s digital version, although I doubt it’s enough to appease annoyed buyers.
Patch 1.03a removes the level 13 cap imposed on new buyers, and allows them to progress passed Act 1. These restrictions were part of a 72 hour lock put on digital copies of the game to tackle credit card fraud, the decision did not go down well with fans. No other company has to place these kinds of restrictions on new purchases, so why does Blizzard?
A list of the remaining restrictions can be found below:
- No public game access for unverified digital purchasers
- No auction house access (real-money or gold) for unverified digital purchasers
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot trade items or drop items for other players to receive
- Unverified digital purchasers are not able to chat in any public or game channels
- Unverified digital purchasers cannot attach a custom message to friend requests, but they can send/accept friend requests, and play with their friends
- Global Play is not available for unverified digital purchasers
What do you think of these restrictions?