Posted on May 24, 2012 AT 10:52am
Blizzard has released a list of hotfixes for Diablo III, giving players the full rundown on everything that’s been tuned up and switched out under the hood since the game’s launch.
If you’re not far into the game, you may want to read the full batch of changes at your own risk—but you should probably know that the Demon Hunter, Wizard, and Monk classes have been nerfed, and the Monk drastically so. Of course, a full patch is still on the way, but that extra development time will come at a price.
Speaking of which, the real-money auction house is officially no longer dropping in May. With all the work that needs to get done post-launch, as Blizzard notes in their forums, they can’t give an exact future launch date. Don’t worry, though. They’ll get around to it as soon as time allows.
Here’s a short excerpt from the full list of tweaks:
- Mehtan the Necromancer and his skeletons can no longer be used to kill other monsters which have been kited to their location before or after the “Restless Sands” event
- Players will now receive an error message when attempting to remove a gem from an item with no sockets (rather than disconnecting)
- Players will now properly have their casting interrupted when attacked while performing resurrect on a fallen group member
- Resolved over 30 game and service crashes affecting players
- Demon Hunter
- Active Skills
- Smoke Screen
- Duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second (tooltip will still show 2 seconds)
- Skill Rune – Lingering Fog
- Now increases the duration of Smoke Screen to 1.5 seconds (tooltip will still show 3 seconds)
- Active Skills
- Fists of Thunder
- Skill Rune - Quickening
- Fixed an issue that was causing spirit regeneration to incorrectly trigger off critical hits from other sources, such as Sweeping Wind
- Mantra of Healing
- Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value)
- Skill Rune - Boon of Protection
- A maximum absorption amount has been set to 1000 Life. This skill will be redesigned in an upcoming patch.
- Active Skills
- Arcane Torrent
- Skill Rune – Cascade
- Fixed an issue that was causing Arcane Torrent to fire 3 new missiles per kill instead of only 1 new missile per kill
- Number of simultaneously missiles generated from this rune will now cap at 10 missiles
- Energy Armor
- Skill Rune – Force Armor
- Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life
- The chest spawn in the Town Cellar in Alcanus has been changed from a 100% chance to spawn a Resplendant chest to a 50% chance to spawn a Normal chest
- Players can no longer dual-wield two-handed weapons
So, who’s re-rerolling their characters with these changes altering your favorite classes?
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes65 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.