Posted on December 1, 2011 AT 07:45am
THE BUZZ: Alan Kertz, Core Gameplay Designer at DICE, has released a list featuring a number of changes that the team plans to implement in future patches, and is asking for feedback on those that are good and those that are not. “Rather than waiting until we launch these updates for feedback, today I would like to give you, the Community, a peak into the Balance testing that we are doing here at DICE,” he said.
The changes include:
- Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
- Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
- AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
- Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
- Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
- Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
- Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
- Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
- Vehicle weapons should now suppress correctly.
- Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
- Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.
- Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
- Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
- Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
- Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
- Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
- Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
- Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.
- Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and slightly increased its power at close range.
- Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range.
- Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo.
- Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
EGM’s TAKE: A lot of good moves on DICE’s part especially in the vehicle section, as many players complain that tanks are to hard to destroy with conventional rocket launchers with engineers repairing them faster than damage can be delivered.
What do you think of the proposed changes? Leave a comment below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.