There’s no doubt that Dishonored is one of the video game industry’s most highly anticipated titles, and Gamescom 2012 just fueled the hype train even more. After all, it’s taking home three “Best Game” awards from the show.
Gamescom’s PR department released a list of this year’s awards, and Dishonored had the best showing by far:
- Best of Gamescom – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game PS3 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Xbox 360 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Wii – Rayman Legends
- Best Family Game – Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- Best Hardware including Peripheral – Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Sony)
- Best Mobile Game – LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
- Best Online Multiplayer Game – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Best PC Game – SimCity (EA)
- Best Social/Casual/Online Game – Warface (Crytek/ Trion Worlds)
Considering that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was also in the winner’s circle, it’s even more impressive that Bethesda walked away with top honors for the PS3 and Xbox categories.
Then again, the award distribution seems to have things tied off so that certain titles, like SimCity, had a more fair playing field. Several other titles didn’t rack up a single award, including Assassin’s Creed III, PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Remember Me, Dead Space 3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Far Cry 3, or Borderlands 2.