Posted on July 15, 2014 AT 04:24am
Klei Entertainment has announced that Don’t Starve‘s Reign of Giants DLC will be available on PlayStation 4 from next week, adding new characters, biomes, and more.
The DLC will be available in North America on July 22 and in Europe on July 23 for $4.99, with a 10 percent discount available for PlayStation Plus members. Reign of Giants adds new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and other challenges to the game.
A full rundown of the DLC’s key features can be found below:
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!
A new free patch will also be released alongside the DLC that adds some content that was previously only available in the PC version, alongside several bug fixes and performance enhancements.
- Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester
- New in-game text strings & dialogue
- Option to disable Screen Shake.
- Expanded options for World Generation.
- New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen
- Random character select option when starting a new game
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.