Id Software has released its fourth free content update for Doom, adding new modes, SnapMap features, and more.
The major addition in this free update is an Arcade Mode for single-player that sees players competing against their friends and players from around the world for the highest scores.
“Fight like hell against demon hordes, with a fully unlocked arsenal of guns, Praetor suit upgrades, and runes. Earn medals and achievements, play on every difficulty, and challenge yourself with the new scoring system that rewards aggression and accuracy,” the developer explains.
There’s also two new multiplayer modes: “Possession,” which is a team-based Prowler vs. Marine multiplayer mode, and “Bloodrush,” a new free-for-all mode.
You can read the full patch notes below:
Return to the critically-acclaimed single player campaign in this new game mode that has you competing against your friends and players from around the world for the highest scores. Fight like hell against demon hordes, with a fully unlocked arsenal of guns, Praetor suit upgrades, and runes. Earn medals and achievements, play on every difficulty, and challenge yourself with the new scoring system that rewards aggression and accuracy.
Various fixes and performance tweaks
2 New Modes
- Possession ? New team-based Prowler vs. Marine multiplayer mode.
- Bloodrush ? New free-for-all multiplayer mode.
- New DOOM Classic Campaign
- Added Feature Pack Campaign mission, including new classic DOOM levels
Classic DOOM Content
- New classic DOOM modules, props, interactable items, lifts, pickups, sounds, classic player deaths, and music.
- Community Curation system enables newly published maps to be reviewed and recommended by the community
- Community HUB overhauled, which makes finding your favorite content easier
- SnapFeed support, allows users to subscribe to authors, players, and maps to get up-to-the-minute details on new content
Custom Environment Creation
- Detailed hotspot and tiling textured blocking volumes can be used to create custom environments
- Decal Tool to add blood, numbers, demonic symbols, grime, corrosion, and more to your maps
- Massive update of new Hell and UAC environment props
- Added new container object models
Additional Logic Tools
- Copy content and logic from one map to Paste into another
- Created multi-level campaign using Next Map Logic
- Added Hazard and FX as a category of Spawners
- Set color input added for all volumes and hazards
- Snap Grid Offsets added to editor settings to allow authors to offset in XYZ coordinate space
- POI can now be set on spawner items
- Authors can get precise camera position by previewing the camera view within the editor
- Added set environment and fade to camera properties
- Authors can set their editor view to ignore current module environment settings
- Cylinder volumes can be used as shootable triggers
- Added support for silent (no VO announcements) lockdowns
- No longer need to set a DOOM ID to post to map leaderboards
Additional DOOM Single Player Consistency
- Additional DOOM weapon upgrades from Campaign ? mastery versions of the HAR and Combat Shotgun
- Campaign-styled communication HUD elements
- Editable interactable GUI
- Additional FX and Hazards
- Added Rune Tablet interactable
- Publish maps with Campaign intro screen and lobby
- Additional equipment pickup items
- Add Static keycard and weapons props
- Added setting to disable hit feedback sounds
- Added setting to disable damage indicators
- Added setting to disable AI teleport FX
- Added Berserk power-up
Miscellaneous Fixes and Additions
- Added additional armor and weapon customization skins
- Added Revenant player demon
- Usable volumes will now work in the front of doors
- Blocking Volumes (previously called Player Blocking Volumes) now default to static and visible when placed
- AI can now be affected by Blocking Volumes
- Some props can have their FX toggled on and off