BioWare has kept incredibly quiet about the multiplayer component in Mass Effect 3 without even giving it a seconds thought during any of their presentations.
A source from E3 has told TBreak.com that Mass Effect 3 will have a fully fledged multiplayer component and it will be revealed later this year.
Some details were also revealed;
– The game will feature a Horde style multiplayer mode with crap loads of maps.
– It will also have the regular modes such as Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag.
– The Horde mode will have objectives like Capture The Flag, King of the Hill, and simple shoot-to-kill waves as well.
– Up to four players can play cooperatively in the Horde mode.
– Maps are fairly small but well designed.
– Players can choose from 6 different classes, or use a prebuilt
ones. Our source didnt confirm what those classes were, but we reckon
all those from ME2 will be present.
– There will be a level cap of 60.
– Some of the enemies were confirmed as well: Geth, Marauders, Husks,
and a new enemy type called Brutes. The source described them as
insanely huge ass.
– The game will also feature a multiplayer store. The store will carry upgrades for weapons, etc. and other items.
– Players will be able to buy said upgrades and items by earning
in-game money based on their performance in the multiplayer. Our source
wasnt sure if the in-game money can be earned via the single player
campaign as well, but I doubt it. Seems like the (singleplayer and
multiplayer) modes will be separate.