THE BUZZ: When it hits, NCAA Football 13 will have two cover athletes. The first has been announced today—with the second to be picked by you, the fans.
EGM’s TAKE: So, up first is the player who EA has just revealed: Baylor University quarterback Robert Griffin III. Here’s a brief introduction, courtesy of EA’s announcement:
“The first student-athlete from Baylor to win the Heisman Trophy, Robert Griffin III – popularly known as “RG3”— also won the Davey O’Brien Award and was named the Associated Press College Football Player of the Year in 2011. In 2008, RG3 was named the Big 12 Conference Offensive Freshman of the Year by the league’s coaches, setting the school’s rushing yards record for a freshman and for a quarterback with 843 yards for the season.”
From there, a second fellow Heisman Trophy winner will be appearing along with Robert Griffin III on the game’s cover—and the choice for who that will be will be up for a vote among fans of the game. Starting on March 12th, you’ll be able to go to the EA Sports NCAA Football page on Facebook to vote for one of eight candidates. And who are they? I’m glad you asked!
* Former University of Southern California running back Marcus Allen
* Former Boston College quarterback Doug Flutie
* Former The Ohio State University running back Eddie George
* Former The University of Michigan wide receiver Desmond Howard
* Former Oklahoma State University running back Barry Sanders
* Former University of Georgia running back Herschel Walker
* Former Florida State University quarterback Charlie Ward
* Former University of Houston quarterback Andre Ware
So—what do you think of the choice of Robert Griffin III, and who would be your pick for the second player to be featured? Let us know in the comments below!