EA has released version 9.0 of their PC platform Origin worldwide, which the publisher describes as a landmark update for the service.
The update brings a brand new look and improved functionality to the platform, you can check out the full patch notes below:
- Updated the look and feel of the My Games tab.
- Updated game tiles with high resolution box art.
- Added a slider allowing users to resize game tiles.
- Moved the Download, Install, and Play buttons into game-specific mouseover windows.
- Changed the Mark as Favorite button to a star icon.
- Added new sorting options to the My Games tab.
- Added a refresh button to the My Games tab.
- Moved the Friends List into a standalone window.
- Added the ability to hide the Friends List.
- Added a button to the navigation bar that shows the Friends List if it’s hidden.
- Added new navigation options to the Origin system tray menu.
- Configured the Order History page to display both web and client purchases.
- Added new title bars to a number of windows.
- Improved overall performance of the Origin client.
- Fixed an issue that was keeping some users from being able to patch properly.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking FIFA 12 invites from being sent for some users.
- Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.