Posted on March 2, 2012 AT 07:20am
The game was removed from the App Store earlier this month for re-evaluation, and it won’t be coming back.
“In the interest of bringing consumers only the highest level of quality mobile entertainment, EA Mobile has decided to suspend development and support of Battlefield 3: Aftershock and refocus its resources on other titles,” the publisher told Vox Games.
The game’s multiplayer servers will remain available until March 31 for those who have already downloaded the game.
EGM’s TAKE: We said when the game was released that it was a surprise that such a low quality game was allowed out of the doors, and we were right. EA has done the right thing in recalling the game as it all it was doing was damaging the Battlefield brand. Hopefully the team will come up with something better for the franchise’s next mobile outing.
Source: Vox Games
Today's Top 10 Stories
343 apologizes for Halo: The Master Chief Collection issues, promises to 'make this right with our fans'
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.