Posted on July 3, 2014 AT 03:05am
To celebrate the launch of Call of Duty: Ghosts’ latest DLC release, Invasion, on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC, Infinity Ward has announced that it will be activated double XP in Extinction mode this weekend.
Starting today until Sunday, players on all platforms will be able to earn double XP in the game’s co-op Extinction mode.
Invasion will set players back $14.99, unless they own the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass, and adds four new maps to the game, as well as the third episode in the Extinction campaign. You can find a brief rundown of the maps and new episode below:
- Pharaoh - An abandoned archaeological site of an ancient Egyptian palace. Those most adventurous to explore this multi-level map will be handsomely rewarded with its deepest secrets.
- Departed - A rural Mexican town amidst the Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) celebration. Complete a Field Order to unlock the Death Mariachi; armed with dual-wielding pistols that turn downed enemies into your own squadmates.
- Mutiny - A pirate hideout in a secretive Caribbean cove. This eerie map includes an hauntingly unique killstreak: an escort of ghostly pirates to send your opponents to Davy Jones’ Locker.
- Favela - A refreshed version of the fan-favorite Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 map. Return to Brazil to fight on the connected rooftops and narrow passageways.
- Extinction Episode 3: Awakening - Descend into an alien underworld and strike at the mysterious puppet-masters behind the Cryptid invasion. Three new Cryptid species await players, along with some familiar enemies and allies.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) July 2, 2014
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.